Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What's cooking? Day 2

Day 2 was a little bumpy.  It was a reminder of how quickly life can derail even the best of attempts.  My little one was sick, leaving me without much time to slave over the stove.  Nonetheless, paleo prevailed in the Bowen house.

Breakfast was bacon cups and blackberries.

Lunch was leftover roasted chicken from the night before.

Dinner was a new experiment. Some good.  Some not so good.

Since I spent most of the day holding and consoling my 2-year-old, I tried to just use what I had on-hand to make a meal.  We have plenty of fresh paleo-friendly food stocked so it was just a matter of putting something together. Truth is, I had plenty of time to browse Pinterest while I held my baby.  I never found anything I could replicate as I was always missing a couple of key ingredients--the weird stuff unique to Paleo that I haven't accumulated yet.  So I took a little of this, a little of that, and made this:


Seasoned salmon and asparagus, wrapped in bacon atop baby spinach and red peppers.  Sounds a little pretentious, but it was quick and easy--my favorite.  I attempted a sauce, and it turned out wonderfully until I added too much dill weed.  Apparently that stuff is potent.  I didn't have enough oil to try a second batch so it was sauceless.  The flavors were still amazing, but a sauce drizzled on top would have put it over the edge of flavorland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment